Movies on the Roof is a private movie festival run by Laura Lanford and Thomas Rammer. We screen classic American cinema Tuesday evenings during summer on a rooftop in Printer's Row. Approximately a half hour after sunset we start our pre-show and presentation, giving our audience the mood and cultural context for the feature presentation.
Our invitees can look forward to:
- Curated pre-show with newsreels, shorts, cartoons and/or commercials from the year the movie debuted.
- Partaking of our themed home brews each week from our MotR pint glasses (first come, first serve!)
- Ice chest and grill available for those who would like to bring grillables or drinkables.
- A chance to appreciate (and donate, if you feel like it) to our themed charity for each movie.
- All the fresh popcorn you can eat!
As always, Movies on the Roof is absolutely free to attend. This is a labor of love: nothing is required beyond your invite and a willingness to have a good time!
Please watch our facebook page for the latest news and updates!